Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 9: 13 Days until the RUN!!

Total Mileage: 33.4 miles Total Hrs Run: 5.16hrs Next Weeks Goal: 30 miles
Sun. 8/22: ARMS/Run-2.5 miles
Mon. 8/23: REST
Tue. 8/24: Run 6 mile (TREADMILL)
Wed. 8/25:Run-7.2 miles
Thu. 8/26: CHEST/Run-7.2 miles
Fri. 8/27: BACK/TRAPS
Sat. 8/28: Run-10.5 miles (TREADMILL)

Well the taper has begun. Time to let my body fully recover. I cut the mileage a little more than I anticipated this week. The high humidity over the weekend was just too much of a motivation killer. I really wanted to get a good long run in, but heat index on 107 sucks. I managed a boring 1.5 hours on a treadmill Saturday. I was really hoping for 80 degree weather for this run when I started planning it 2-3 months ago. Oh well, I will manage! And Sunday with the 2.5...that was harder than you would believe. I toted along the dogs. They are poorly leash trained so I was drug for the first mile by their combined weight of 150lbs. After that they were pooped and it was an easy jog home.
So my plans for this week are to take it pretty easy. I have cut all weight lifting until after the WILD run. I think I will get a good 10-12 miler in mid week, then keep everything under 10 miles until next Sunday. After that maybe a 4 miler and I'm thinking a short 2 miles wednesday.
I did see some wildlife this week.
Sunday we had a close encounter with a skunk! My boxer saw it a took off after it...lucky nothing got sprayed! The Rotty never saw it...
On Thursday night a coyote was about 50yards to my right. When he heard me he paused in his tracks to watch me pass. As I was directly across from him he decided he was going to come see what I was all about. I didnt stick around I quickly crossed 4 lanes of road and he disappeared. Surprisingly the coyote didn't seem at all afraid of me or surprised by seeing me.

Well that is all!
Make sure you go to www.runningforwild.com and check out all the new updates on the donation page. We have a lot of cool things offered for your donation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment